Monday, May 30, 2005

Sempai Federal Agent

Today at the dojo, one of the students who used to train there earlier turned up for a bit. Six foot, blonde, built like a bull, leather jacket, EXTREMELY COOL green and black Harley parked in front, coolers bandana, the works. Looked right out of a cool biker movie. Josh told me he was a black belt, so after I bowed to him, we chatted a bit. The bugger is a federal agent, an Air Marshal, works with the border patrol. Soft spoken too. He was riding his Harley all the way to San Diego to run a marathon. I realized I was talking to a real life hero. Atleast in my eyes. America is protected by the likes of him.

Well, why am I so impressed ? Its expected of his job right ? He's probably not very good at the stuff that Im good at, which was evident with his approving response to what I was doing in school and stuff. But then, I always have this superhero worship thing. The raw magetism of a physically superior human being, the conans, the batmen, the bruce lees and the Tony Jaa's. Can I ever be like them ? No way, Im too lazy. All this takes hard work. Hours at the gym, years of physical torture, pain and endurance. But then, ain't it all worth it ?

C'mon who am I kidding, Im overweight, lead a sedentary lifestyle, love food and love to just veg out on the couch. But in my dreams I'm some samurai swordsman or some lethal superhero whos helping people and kicking the bad guys ass.

*Sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home